The primary role of the Director of IT/BI is to bridge the gap between the Business and IT groups, The IT/BI Director must have a foot in both worlds, serving as an intermediary who can translate business desires for functionality into technical plans and, conversely, technical constraints into business reality. As a result, strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills are crucial, as is an understanding of the two worlds and an ability to speak each of their languages. This individual must be able to manage and lead the reporting of information and the creation and management of the electronic data warehouse (EDW).
You will manage a department responsible for the following:
- Provide project management for all IT initiatives, coordinating internal and external project team members and ensuring timely follow-through on all action items
- Work cross-functionally to support the business and restaurants through timely and accurate information and reporting
- Create and maintain Enterprise reporting systems.
- Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Synthesize current business intelligence or trend data to support recommendations for action.
- Analyze technology trends to identify markets for future product development or to improve sales of existing products.
- Create business intelligence tools or systems, including design of related databases, spreadsheets, or outputs.
- Disseminate information regarding tools, reports, or metadata enhancements.
- Document specifications for business intelligence or information technology (IT) reports, dashboards, or other outputs.
- Maintain or update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods.
- Manage timely flow of business intelligence information to users.
- Create or review technical design documentation to ensure the accurate development of reporting solutions.
- Maintain library of model documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge assets.
- Provide technical support for existing reports, dashboards, or other tools.
- Calculate key metrics such as same-store-sales, day-part mix, table-turns, group size, alcohol sales mix, guests per labor hour, commodity cost index, etc.
- Assist with direct sales and marketing strategies, site selection feasibility studies, financial modeling, and ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Evaluate critical data and appropriate methods for capturing better customer information.
- Lead the selection, implementation and training of an enterprise management reporting system.