TITLE: NETWORK ENGINEER
REPORTS TO: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
OVERVIEW: The Network Engineer Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards. The Network Engineer monitors performance of the network, troubleshoots problems and secured network systems by enforcing policies and monitoring access.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Working knowledge of LAN and Proxy Servers
- Working knowledge of Networking: Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance, and tuning
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with minimal support structure.
- Ability to manage outsourced relationships as well as interdepartmental and intercompany relationships.
- Ability to work with all levels of management, including executive leadership team and store operations.
- Working knowledge of tracking budgets.
- Ctuit and Gusto (POS) experience a plus.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Ability to review process inefficiencies, make assessment, provide solutions and implement solutions.
- Highly motivated with ability to manage multiple projects.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent.
- 2-5 years progressive IT Network Experience.
EOE "We participate in E-Verify"